a lot of you are probably hard-core football fans. Even if you’re not, there’s probably a big chance that if you live in America you still go or watch the games with your friends and family. In my experience,(and since I’m South African, I’m referring to rugby) the atmosphere is the best part of the whole experience. Like any event you have the wonderful opportunity to pick out an outfit to wear. The problem: It’s easy to accidentally just go for a pair of jeans and your teams jersey, which is a shame because there is so much potential to get creative and stand out in the crowd. Here are a few options to show how fabulous you actually are, while supporting your favorite team. In my case the … You guessed it! The Miami Dolphins!!! But don’t worry, this is to all football fans out there!
1.Embrace the teams mascot. This is an option for both the bold and the subtle personalities out there. And if the mascot is an animal the better. Cute or even trendy animal prints have been everywhere this year, and you can easily use these in everyday life too which is perfect for all you people out there on a budget. Also don’t be afraid to use fan merchandising in your outfits. If you’re looking for a great website I always would recommend Fanatics. They have a great selection for every team that you could imagine.
Nose Stud, Baseball Cap, Necklace, Watches
2. Accessorize. This is so important and an easy way to spruce up any outfit. Don’t worry guys, a trendy watch can go a far way. This way you can easily incorporate the teams mascot, without it seeming tacky. Crop top, Ankle Boots, Beanie, Skirt Dress shirt, Oxfords, Pants, Ring
3. For her: add something masculine, for him: dress up. Unisex trends have been in this year, BUT don’t go raiding your boyfriends closets. If you like it there’s a good chance he likes it to. Remember, there is no shame buying shirts from the guys section of the store. You can either wear the shirt over a tank and roll up the sleeves or just tie it around your waist with a cute crop top. Either way it’s a clever way to make use of the nice shirts guys get to wear without seeming…well masculin. Off-shoulder top, Dress shirt, Sneakers, Skirt
Now for him: get away from your washed out jeans. Dress it up, because there is nothing more sexy than a guy with style. Ditch your washed out jeans, go for pants instead. Or instead of the jersey wear a dress shirt in your teams colors with a pair of black jeans. Dress shirts are an awesome way to show team support but in a more subtle way. Untuck the dress shirt for a more casual look. Dress Shirt, Oxford Shoes, Jeans
4. Get away from boring sneakers. This means, girls go for a cute pair of ankle boots, or give it an edge with some lace up combat boots. Guys, if you love your sneakers too much, don’t despair. You can go for a more formal version and root for the Oxford shoes. However the same rule applies to you guys, boots are always a good alternative. Boots, Oxford’s, Doc Martens, Cut-out boots
5. Reinvent the jersey. You love the original jersey? No worries! Just be original with the rest of the outfit. Ditch the boring sneakers and throw a nice jacket on, especially if it has some detail. This tip works for all the guys and girls out there.
6. Never wear more than 3 colors and a basic color. This means you can’t wear more than 4 colors at once. One of those colors has to either be black or white, and then you can add up to 3 more. You can also use the basic color to tone down all the other ones. Crop Top, Skinny Jeans, Blazers Dress Shirt, Tie, Jeans
Now you’re all ready for a fun and awesome evening with your friends and family. I hope that you feel happy and confident with what you’re wearing and never stop being amazingly you.
Lots of Love