serious post today! As you probably have noticed the whole media is really corrupt with skinny sized models and photoshop . But I think that the media has gone a step to far in the past few years.
It all pretty much started with the introduction of the first real plus-size supermodel. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing that they are stepping away from the super-skinny image, but they are pretty much leaving an extreme for the next extreme method.
Why are we advertising, especially to teens, that being obese is ok? Because it’s not.
It all comes down to balance, which you can only achieve with exercise and healthy diet.
Here’s why we have to get away from these extremes:
- You don’t get enough minerals and vitamins so you have a weakened immune system and are more vurnable to colds and the flu.
- if you don’t get enough calcium it can weaken your bones so you can more easily get a fracture.
- too little iron- get ready to be tired ALL the time
- your menstrual cycle could fall out and if this happens for too long it could be impossible for you to have kids
- if worst comes to worst your body might start eating it’s own organs and you could lose your hair and teeth.
- Let’s just say the prospects aren’t necessarily better because you can get diabetes and you’ll have to live with it for the rest of your life.
- you could be more prone to high blood pressure and raise your chances of a heart attack
- again here you could have problems with your bones because your frame will have to carry your weight
- getting pregnant might not be the problem, but giving birth could be harder.
I hope that this has been insightful. The most important thing is to find a balance and to be happy with who you are.
Lots of love